This website (organicweeds.org.uk) aims to be a primary
resource on weed management for organic farms, reporting on the latest weed
information, weeding techniques and weed research. It aims to act as a focal
point for farmers, growers, advisors and researchers to share their experiences
with weeds. Read about the approach
The information on this website is free to use and develop. Below are a list of resources that you might find useful to to begin to learn about and develop your knowledge of any particular weed management topic. There are also various ways to get more directly involved with the work if you want. We are currently asking everyone how they would like to continure with the work. If you are interested please have a look at our proposal to Defra for continued funding and let us know what you think.
- If you are unsure of how to use the website visit the 'How
to use this website' page. The 'frequently
asked questions' about weeds page gives a few worked examples for specific
- if you want to find out information on a specific weed go to the weed
- if you want to find out about weed management methods and technologies go
to the weed
management pages. Experiences with weed management and weed research
topics are recorded in the weed
- if you would like to read about weed management on farms go to the case
- the weed views section contains much of the documentation generated by the research work (including reports on farm walks, open days and discussion groups).
Feedback: feel free to make comments as you go along using the add comment buttons. Comments will generally appear at the bottom of the page on which you make them. You can also ask questions or develop discussions using the forums provided at Weed Views. Let us know what you think of the site and what additional features you would like to see by using the feedback page. If you would like to make any comments about weed research or how best researchers can help you with weed problems please download an assessment form (13 Kb pdf file) and send it back to us.
» Partners » Disclaimer