Richter, Toralf (2004) Results of the EISfOM project investigation into the current situation of data collection and processing. Speech at: 1st EISfOM Seminar Development of European Information Systems for Organic Markets - improving the availability, quality and comparability of statistical data, Germany, Berlin, 26.-27.04.2004.
- Currently few public data collection and processing systems on an international level exist with regard to the organic agriculture and food sector (however FAO, EUROSTAT, IFOAM have startes activities).
- Less activities aree run to harmonise national organic data collection systems on an international level.
- Investment decisions of market actors and support decisions of policy makers are taken under conditions of great uncertainty.
- Organic data know-how in most countries concentrated on less and private minds.
- Public demand for organic data presently often are just statements and action plan points to support organic farming in theory.
- Partly the link is missing between political objectives (on national and international level) and realisation by statistic authorities.
- The EU-project European Inforamtion Systems for Organic Markets will assist all national and international efforts to improve organic data collecting in next two years.
|EPrint Type:||Conference paper, poster, etc.|
|Type of presentation:||Speech|
|Keywords:||Statistik, EISfOM, Organic Market,|
|Subjects:|| Food systems > Markets and trade|
Food systems > Policy environments and social economy
|Research affiliation:|| European Union > EISfOM|
Switzerland > FiBL - Research Institute of Organic Agriculture Switzerland > Socio-Economics
|Deposited By:||Richter, Dr. Toralf|
|Deposited On:||12 May 2004|
|Last Modified:||12 Apr 2010 07:29|
Repository Staff Only: item control page